Menzo is a kind, thoughtful man. He is a surprising (refreshing) mix of good listener and direct with questions. I've appreciated his insight into my mind, and no punches pulled when he sees an area of unhealthiness or weakness I don't. I sincerely recommend him to bring your life and mind wisdom, balance, and health.
LPCC Menzo Faassen
Mental health conditions are real, common and treatable.
And recovery is possible.
Menzo Faassen is an experienced, licensed Medical Health Professional who specializes in affordable online therapy.
More about me
Years in Practice: 10
Hi, my name is Menzo Faassen. I am a licensed professional counselor in the state of Tennessee and New Mexico. I received my B.S. in Psychology in 1999 from Middle Tennessee State University and I received my M.S. in Community Counseling from Austin Peay State University in 2009.
I work full time in Richmond, Virginia (moved here in January of 2022). I am working for a community mental health center as a therapist. I have worked in community mental health and addiction treatment centers since 2007. I have worked with adults and teenagers with trauma, addiction, depression, grief/loss and LGBT issues. I am also a proud member of the LGBT community.
My approach to therapy starts out with the basic Rogerian (person centered approach). But, I also incorporate Psycho dramatic techniques (but I can only do this in a video session) into my approach. Psychodrama is a combination of counseling and theater and is often referred to as Shakespearean Psychology. I start where you are. I believe that you are the expert on you and that this is your therapy not mine. So I will tailor my approach and style to what your goal (not my goal) is. I can be as directive as you need. I can function well dealing with thoughts and emotions, looking for solutions, and even a look into reality.
A few things to be aware of:
1. While you can send messages to me 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, you may not get an immediate response. Depending on what time you sign up, I could be sleeping, eating, or working with another client. I do respond within 24 hours of getting a new client and often will respond sooner, but you will probably not get an instant response from me. Bear in mind that I do have a full time job that I work during the day. I am not able to respond between the hours of 8 AM and 6 PM (Eastern Standard Time in the US). Please be patient with this.
2. Sending messages back and forth is fine, but you will get more value out of BetterHelp if you schedule a live chat, phone or video session with me. You can do that by selecting the schedule session on the right hand side of the screen.
3. It helps to have a goal in therapy, so one question that I will ask is "what do you want to get out of therapy" or "what brought you to therapy". I only ask so we have a direction to go.
4. The more information I have about you the better. So, in way of introduction, some things you may want to share include (your childhood information, any traumatic events, previous relationships, current relationships, work history, family background/relationships, your previous therapy experience, etc.). In other words, use the first message to give me the autobiography of you.
I have been in counseling myself and know how scary it can be to enter into the process and I try to make this as comfortable as possible. I look forward to walking with you as you begin this journey of healing and transformation.
About online counseling
Online counseling allows you to receive care from an online mental health practitioner via phone, video chat, or instant messaging. It is convenient for those who may have trouble getting to or would prefer not to have in-person therapy appointments. Ranging from $35 to $80 per week, online counseling is generally more affordable than in-person counseling. A study by researchers at University of California, Berkeley found that online counseling can be just as effective as face-to-face therapy while being more convenient, affordable, and accessible.
Try online counseling with Menzo FaassenChat now
- Addictions LGBT Trauma and abuse Grief Depression Stress Anxiety Family conflicts Sleeping disorders Parenting issues Anger management Self esteem Career difficulties Bipolar disorder Coping with life changes
- Languages Spoken
100% confidential · No judgment
When you tap CHAT NOW a new window will open and you'll be directed to a simple form that will help start the conversation.